Many third level Colleges are advertising their Open Days which provide an opportunity for students to look at their facilities and to find out more about the courses they have on offer. These Open Days provide 6th year students with the opportunity to do further research in advance of completing their CAO application forms in February. Open days are also ideal for 5th and TY students to attend as they help them to start narrowing down the areas in which they would like to pursue a course at 3rd level.
Open Days – venues and dates:
- National University of Ireland Galway – NUIG – 5th & 6th October
- Shannon College of Hotel Management – 12th October
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology – GMIT – 13th October
- University College Cork – UCC – 13th October
- Limerick Institute of Technology – LIT – 18th October
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick -18th & 19th October
- Tralee Institute of Technology – TIT – 26th October
- University College Dublin – UCD – 3rd November
- Trinity College Dublin – School of Physics – 13th October
Added to this Mr. Carey is inviting speakers from 3rd level Colleges to come and visit our College. Each speaker attends on a different week and s/he will give three talks to each of the three senior classes, TY, 5th and 6th years. Representatives from Maynooth, UCD and NUIG have confirmed the dates of their visits and there will be further visits confirmed next week.
The Transition class will travel to UCD on 18th October where they will attend an Open Day specifically designed for TY students. They will have a guided tour of the campus. As UCD provides such a broad curriculum this opportunity will help our students to gain information on a broad range of third level courses and the career opportunities that each course provides.